Monday 4 October 2010

On my mind....

and it has been for the last 3 years from when I started driving, is the lack of basic car maintenance on our roads today! I am a keen driver (not a boy racer, oh-no!) and I regularly service and check my car over for anything that is out of line. I see driving as something that should be seen as important and serious, not a chore or something that endangers both you and the people around you.

Anyway, it really hacks me off. I see countless cars with lights of every kind not working. I see wayy too many cars with absolutely NO brakelights at all too!

And people who think that the car only runs on petrol. NO! It needs oil too! I know someone who doesn't top up the oil, they 'send it for the service and they do it.' Once a year!? Christ!

God only knows the amount of cars on the road with no oil or coolant. Or brake/clutch fluid, more importantly!

All of these things I see on a daily basis, and it's just not good enough. There needs to be an advertising campaign or something to remind the public to regularly check their cars. If one bulb is blown, change both of them as it's usually a sign that the other is about to go. It's not hard, and it's not expensive.

/rant.

But....possible project? Auto-awareness?

No comments:

Post a Comment